What I don’t understand is when people (especially females) talk about feeling ‘empowered’ and showing off their bodies and being confident etc etc (WHICH IS TOTALY FINE) but then complaining about people staring and being “sexualised” and “objectified”.
I genuinely don’t get it. Seems a little contradictory to me.
I show off my body for ME, not for a person who randomly walks by me and decides I look sexy/ugly/whatever. My body does not exist for someone else’s pleasure.
ESPECIALLY for fatties like me. Being able to reclaim your body for yourself is incredibly empowering. I wear my short, tight mini skirt and neon crop top because I feel good in it, not for other people to ogle and objectify.
- pumpkinsnuffle likes this
- idontmakemonkeys likes this
- imaokas likes this
- cute-as-a-newt likes this
- oldrockstars likes this
- daringartisticadventurer reblogged this from futurepunkassbookjockey and added:
- chloabelle reblogged this from futurepunkassbookjockey and added:
- darthheretic said: And then “objectify” someone of the opposite sex.
- darthheretic likes this
- doncarlosi likes this